The Dinner Service specialises in tailoring your menus specifically for you. It's therefore difficult to to write a list of menu options available because we strive to provide everything you might want!
Whether we are catering for a formal dinner, serving at a wedding, providing an informal family style service, running a barbeque on the beach or catering in a village hall, every function will be equal in importance and standard.
All dietary needs can be catered for!
We particularly enjoy 'themed' menus, which give us the opportunity to explore other cultures and cuisines - a challenge but one that we greatly enjoy! Some sample themed menus are available below in addition to just a 'taster' of our more regular offerings.
Please contact us with your requirements and let's discuss all the options. Not forgetting our traditional Hog Roast service, everyone's favourite.
- Classic Blinnis topped with:
- smoked salmon & creme fraiche | Rare roast beef & horseradish cream | Sweet roasted red capsicum. pesto & marscapone
- Tempura of Local Seafood with sweet chilli & homemade tartare sauce
- Mini Crab Cakes gently seasoned with coriander, chilli & lime with sweet chilli to the side
- Frittatta: A medley of vegetables and herbs baked with eggs and cheese
- Mini Tarts filled with:
- Crayfish, avocado, coriander & lemon
- Locally smoked mackerel with a twist of lemon
- Duxelle of mushrooms with cognac & garlic
- Smoked Chicken, mango, lime & ginger
- Ballotine of free range chicken and pork served with a confit of orchard plums and classic melba toast
- Crostinnis of Smoked Salmon with creme fraiche and caviar roe
- Seasonal Asparagus, classically served with lightly poached quails egg, hollandaise sauce and shaves of Parmesan
- Classic Chicken Liver & Madeira Pate with red berries and toasts
- Ragout of Local Seafood with a hint of saffron and cream
- Field Mushrooms filled with Salcombe crab, mustard, parsley & marscapone
- Aune Valley's Best Beef rare roasted and served with a mushroom and horseradish crumble and a rich wine jus
- Fillets of Lemon Sole wrapped around crevettes with a duet of sauces - white wine & cream - tomato hollandaise
- Locally reared leg of Lamb gently spiced with garlic, coriander and ginger, served with mango coconut cream
- Slow Roast Hock of Ham topped with parsley pancakes, glazed with cider sauce
- Supreme of Guinea Fowl, slow roasted with thyme, shallots & cognac, accompanied by a wrapped parcel of smoky bacon and grapes
- Fresh Turbot, roasted and served with a light cream of crayfish and chive, garnished with celeriac cream and crisps
- Vegetarian Main Courses:
- Red Onion Tatin topped with a Sharpham Brie
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli dressed with a sage and garlic cream and garnished with Parmesan crisps
- Baked Sweet Potato Cakes with feta cheese, red onion and pimentos
- Risotto with roasted butternut squash and spinach, topped with Parmesan crisps
- Courgette and Potato Rostis, topped with a gently poached egg and glazed with a rich cheese sauce
- 'Sausages' of haricot beans and leeks seasoned with fresh rosemary and served with creamed spinach and nutmeg
- Classic Dark Chocolate Torte - rich and decadent
- Creme Brulée with almonds and fresh raspberries
- Traditional Fresh Fruit Tartlet filled with real confectioners custard and glazed fruits
- The Very Best Sticky Toffee Pudding with hot butterscotch sauce
- Baked Alaska - Devon's best ice cream on a light vanilla sponge, encased in meringue and baked! Served with a raspberry and chocolate sauces
- Spiced Apple & Plum 'Streusel' cake
This is just a tiny sample of the range of dishes we can create for you.
Contact us now to discuss your requirements - you'll be glad you did!